Indian constitution Committees are set up to Analyse and research different possibilities to develop best articles in the Constitution of India. Dr B.R. Ambedkar designed Constitution of India which is also called as “Supreme Law of India “. Dr B. R. Ambedkar is also called as ” Chief architect of Indian Constitution “.
Constitution of India contains Fundamental rights, citizen duties, directive principles, powers and duties of Government institutions, different structures and Procedures. In this post, we are Providing notes on “Indian constitution Committees and their chairpersons”.
Here are the Points to be Noted:
- Drafting committed is appointed on 29th August 1947 as Dr. B.R.Ambedkar as chairperson along with other six committee members.
- The other six members in Drafting committed includes Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant, Kanaiyalal Maneklal Munshi, Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer , N Gopalaswami Ayengar , B L Mitter, Md. Saadullah and D P Khaitan .
- Sir Benegal Narsing Rau who became the First Indian Judge in International Court of Justice, during 1950–54.
- Later B L Mitter resigned from drafting committee and his place was replaced by Madhav Rao
- Later On due to sudden death of D P Khaitan his place also replaced by T T Krishnamachari was included in the drafting committee
2.Steering committee, finance and staff committee- Dr.Babu Rajendra Prasad
3.Rules of procedure committee- Dr. Babu rajendra Prasad.
4.Ad hoc committee on the national flag- Dr. Babu rajendra Prasad.
5.Finance and staff committee- Dr. Babu rajendra Prasad.
6.Union powers committee- Jawaharlal Nehru
Read More about the Constitution: Sources of Indian Constitution
7.Union constitution committee- Jawaharlal Nehru
8.Committee on fundamental rights & Minorities- Sardar vallabai patel
9.Provincial constitution committee- sardar vallabai patel
10.The steering committee- K.M.Munshi
11.Minorities sub-committee- H.C.Mukarji
12.fundamental rights sub-committee- J.B.krupalani