In this post, we are Providing notes on “Lothal Civilization Features”. We’ll discuss the Origin of Lothal Civilization and the living style of Lothal people. We focus on the important constructions, their culture, and their Religious Interests.
Keynotes about Lothal Civilization:
1. This site was located by SR Rao in 1957 in the Gulf of Cambay in Gujarat.
2. It is also called as ‘Limriko’ or ‘Mini Harappa’ or ‘Acropolis’ or ‘Walled City’.
3. It was located on the banks of Bhogava and the Sabarmati River in Ahmednagar (Gujarat).
4. This site was a “Port City”, a dockyard has been found at Lothal.
5. Red and black clay pots, copper tools, brick-built tank-like structure, a bead-making factory and a seal from Iron Have been found at lothal.
6. Evidence of Rice cultivation was found here (other sites were Amri & Rangpur)
7.Maritime activities were conducted from having with Mesopotamia civilization.
8.Suspect of “Sati” was found here.
9. Evidence of “Chess” was found here.
10.“Persian Gulf” seal was found here.
11. A seal with a cleaver fox found from which Vishnu Sharma took the spirit of Panchatantra.
12.The circular button seal of Mesopotamia was found here.
13. Linear Scale of bronze has been found here.
14. They used Horses for Transportation.
15.Foreign trading was done on this site.
16. Terracotta figurines of mother goddesses are not found here.
Also read more about: Mohenjadaro Civilization Facts