Milestones in Telangana Movement, In this post we are Providing notes on Milestones in Telangana Movement Part-2. For better understanding please read the previous post Milestones in Telangana movement part-1. In this post, we mainly discuss the history of the Telangana movement and the people who involved and sacrificed their lives for separate Telangana states.
Here are the Important Points to be noted:
1. Telangana employees complained because of injustice in a government department in 1985.
2. In 1999 congress demanded the creation of Telangana state.
3. TRS (Telangana Rashtra Samithi) was formed on the day of April 27, 2001.
4.In 2001 GO-610 Griligani committee was formed.
5. In 2001 Telangana Congress leaders and CWC of congress has sent a resolution to the LK Advani but this was rejected.
6. TRS quit links from congress and stated their own fight in 2006.
7. October 2008 TDP charged stand and declared support for TRS.
8. On 2009, November 29th, TRS leader KCR (K Chandrasekhar Rao) started a hunger strike.
9.In 2009, December 3rd Kasuju Srikanth Chary chary committed suicide to give support for KCR’s hunger strike. He is the first person to die for Telangana state.
10. The central government announced intimation of the process of Telangana state on 9 December 2009 by Chidambaram.
11. On 3rd February 2010 five-member committee is appointed by central, which is headed by Sri Krishna Committee and they submitted their report on December 30th, 2010.
12. On 17th February 2011, the Non-cooperation movement was started by 3 Lakhs employees for 16 days.