Milestones in Telangana Movement Notes discuss the history of Telangana movement and Important people involved in Telangana movement of newly formed Telangana state. In this post, we mainly discuss the history of the Telangana movement and Important people involved in the Telangana movement. We discuss different committees on the Telangana movement.
Here are the Important Points to be noted:
1. Telangana state which is called Hyderabad state merged into Indian union on September 17, 1948.
2. The central government appointed a civil servant M.K.Vellodi as the chief minister of Hyderabad on January 26, 1950.
3. In 1952 first democratic elections held, Burugula Ramakrishna was the first chief minister of Hyderabad.
4. Andhra state carved out from Madras on 1953 November 1st. Kurnool was the capital.
5. Potti sriramulu 53days of hunger strike for separation of Andrapradesh from madras.
6. The proposal of amalgamation of Andhra state came in 1953.
7.AP assembly passed a resolution on November 25, 1995, provisions to safeguard the interest of Telangana.
8. Arguments between Telangana and AP leaders on February 20, 1956.
9. Gentle Man’s agreement between bezawada Gopala reddy and B.Rama Krishna
10. AP formation November 1st, 1956.
11. In 1963 M.Chenna reddy started agitation failure to implement Gentle man’s agreement.
12. In 1969 Telangana Praja Samithi was formed.
13. On 1969 April 12 Indira Gandhi 8 points plan announced but Telangana state leaders rejected.
14. In 1972 Jai Andhra movement started.
15. On September 21, 1973, 6 point formula between Telangana and AP.