Telangana famous Dance forms Notes:
Dear Telangana Aspirants,
Telangana famous dance forms are famous in all over India performed by Telangana tribal culture. Most of all Telangana Folk dances are famous all over the India. Perini shivatandavam folk dance in telangana is famous all over the India, it has unique way of praising Lord Shiva and performed with Great Zeal. Telangana famous dance forms questions are asked in recent telangana exams. first of all In this post am giving notes on “Telangana Dances forms“. In this topic we discuss on the Different traditional dances in Telangana state, we know that telangana state has more tribal areas. In tribal areas Traditional dance forms are famous.This notes will be useful for job aspirants , who are preparing for Groups,Tspsc exams, AEE’s and Police jobs in telangana state.This notes will definitely helps to you get perfect score in the Telangana(TSPSC) exams.
Here are the Points to be Noted:
1.Rela relare Dance( రేలాట)- Mannem Near Bhadrachalam
2.Mayuri dance(మయూరి)- Khammam tribal areas.
- Gusadi dance is performed by “Raj Gonds” in Adilabad tribals(Gondulu)
- They perform this dance on celebration of “Diwali” festival, other Gonds groups also joins with Raj Gonds they are called “Dandari Dance groups“
- This festival starts on full moon day and ends with 14th day of dark-night of Diwali.
4.Perini Shivatandavam(పేరిణి శివతాండవం)-
- It is also called as ” Perini Tandavam” which was originated in Warangal during Kakatiya Dynasty.
- The Other name of Perini Shivatandam dance form is “ Dance of warriors” which is strictly performed by males. Warriors before going to battle field all soldiers praise the lord shiva by performing Perini shivatandam dance form.
5. Tolu Bommalata(తోలు బొమ్మలాట)-
- Tholu bommalata is also called as ” Shadow Puppet ” tradition in Both Andhrapredesh and Telangana areas. A group of people passes through every village to trade thier arts and crafts perform tolu bommalata.
- Tolu bommalata means , they design leather puppets with threads to control puppets action. Usually they use goat sking for making puppets.
Read More about : Telangana Culture
6. Dappu natakam(డప్పు నాటకం)- Telangana Areas.
7. Chindu Bhagavatam( చిందు నాటకం)
- Chindu Bhagavatam is performed by SC (Madiga) community. They have not permitted to perform their dance form in outside, but the things are changed now, chindu bhagavatam ws originated in Nizamabad, adilabad, karimnagar, medak, mahabubnagar, nalgonda.
- In this dance form it starts with ” Jamba Puranam “
8. Lambadi Dance( లంబాడి)
- Lambadi dance is performed by Banjara Telangana Tribals.
- It mainly consists Planting, Harvesting and sowing activities. Lambadi dance forms are performed by females only, males operate music instruments and drummers.
9. Burra Katha( బుర్ర కథ):
- Burra katha was originated in Guntur distrcit, Andhrapradesh in 1942. The main idea of creating burra katha is to spread political awareness and social awareness to the illiterate people in Villages.
- Burra Katha team consists one main performer and other tow co-performers. They narrate Hindu stories, social stories, moral stories and jokes.
10. Oggu katha(ఒగ్గు కథ)- Telangana.
- Oggu Katha is folk tradition of singing and narrating stories of Hindu Gods, Oggu katha was originated in Yadav’s and Kurma communities.
- They narrates stories of Mallanna, Beerappa, and Yellamma gods.
Thanks for Reading, If you found something interest on this post, like this post and feel free to comment and share this post with your friends and in social media.
“Sharing is the Best way to Gain Knowledge”
You can Subscribe to our website with your email id, and get daily updates and Free notes.
Read more about: