Harappan sites are located near Punjab, Pakistan. These Harappan sites are named after a modern village which is located near Ravi River. Harappan sites are ancient cities in Bronze age civilizations. Harappa civilization sites are part of the Indus valley civilizations.
From Harappan sites excavations, Famous Harappan seals are found, which gives information about Harappan Religions and Harappa trades. Indus valley civilization seals are also most famous, Indus valley civilizations are also called as ” Supreme civilization ” in world history.
In this post, we are Providing notes on “Harappan Sites and Excavators”. In this post, we discuss on Harappan Civilization and their site excavators. This post gives important points on Indian History and the Indus Valley Civilization.
Harappa Civilization Sites and Excavators:
Site Excavator Present Position
1. Harappa Dayaram Sahni(1921) Montogomery(Punjab,Pakistan)
2. Mohenjodaro Rakhal das Banerjee(1922) Sindh(Pakistan)
3. Kalibanga Amlananda Ghosh,BB Lal Hanumangarh(Rajasthan)
4. Lothal SR Rao(1957) Ahmedabad(Gujarat)
5. Banwali RS Bist (1973) Hissar(Haryana)
6. Rangpur MS Vatsa(1931) Gujarat(near madar river)
7. Ropar YD Sharma(1955-56) Punjab( suttlej bank)
8. Alamgirpur YD Sharma Meerut( Hindon River)
9. Kot Diji Ghurey (1935) Sindh( Pakistan)
Read More about: Indian History
10. Sutkagendor A.Stein, George dales Baluchistan(Dakshak river)
11. Surkotada JP Joshi(1964) Gujarat(Kuchchh Plain)
12. Dabarkot Macay(1935) Baluchistan
13. Chanhudaro NG Majumbar(1931) Sindh( Pakistan)
14. All murad KM Kazzak Sindh(Pakistan)
15. Mitathal Punjab university Bhiwani
16. Rakhi Garhi Suraj Bhan Jind(Haryana)
17. Sutkakoh Dales(1962) 8km from perin
18. Manda Jagpati Joshi Akhnur